Oh my gosh, you guys, I have something seriously exciting to report… TruTV has greenlit a scripted comedy created by and starring Amy! YES! It has been a long time coming… AMY IS GETTING HER OWN SHOW AGAIN! Here’s what we know so far:
- Tru ordered 10 half-hour episodes of the yet-untitled series
- It sounds like the show will be at least somewhat based on Amy’s bestselling books, I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence and Simple Times: Crafts for Poor People
- Each episode will center around a theme such as “Wood!,” “Fish!” or “Grieving!”
- Production begins THIS SUMMER (! – which means we could be seeing this next fall or mid-season?!)
- Tru has already made a placeholder page for the show on their website, which says, “Amy Sedaris cordially invites you into her home, where she will show off diverse but necessary homemaking skills, from death-bed etiquette, to gutting a fish, to crocheting miniature sweaters for a mice infestation, to entertaining your husband’s business associates.” (This make it feel so real! It’s really happening!)
Full details here! And I’ll, of course, continue to post more info as I find out. Hooray!